Sunday, March 29, 2009

My Wonderful Cats (Part 2)

Here is Skipper, my shy guy. When we first brought him home, Skipper hid in the corner behind some record albums for several hours. I had to feed him downstairs in the bathroom because he was too frightened to eat in the kitchen with the rest of us. After several days, he ventured out of his hideaway and began to explore the house.

It's taken several years but he is has become an affectionate pet. He will demand to be petted! He's very vocal about it. As he's become more comfortable with us, we've been able to see his playful antics and enjoy his company. He loves to mess up our area rug in the living room. Dibbuns will wait for Skipper to come by, jump out at him and the chase is on!

Skipper loves to be petted but he does NOT like to be picked up! He's very nervous about being held. When Doug and I had to treat his ears, Skipper would be very stiff in our arms. He took to hiding under the bed when he knew treatment was coming! He has a very good memory. He hid under the bed for over a week even after the treatments for his ears were done!

Skipper will sometimes pay me a visit in the evenings when I'm reading in bed. Dibbuns is there every night. It's very nice when Skipper joins us, too.

Dibbuns and Skipper have such different personalities but they get along very well. They have their little tiffs but most of the time they're good buddies. A visit from a neighborhood cat will make them angry, but it doesn't last long. Once I had to throw a pillow at them to break up a nasty fight. When the "intruder" leaves, all goes back to normal.

I'm very blessed to have these two furry companions! I wouldn't be without them.

No comments: