Sunday, March 22, 2009

Great Riding!

What a terrific week of great weather for riding! I could get spoiled.

Rusty has been so good this week. We've ridden outside a couple of times and he was great. I've been keeping up with my no-stirrup work to strengthen my legs. We cantered without stirrups on Tues and again today! On Tues. I had more difficulty balancing than I did today. I tried to concentrate on my balance and not hang on Rusty's mouth too much.

I know we're not out of the woods with the cold weather yet, but it's been so beautiful that it's hard to think about it. I enjoy each day as it comes and thank God for it.

It's great to see people at the barn that you haven't seen in a while! My friend Denise (Ivory) told me she and another boarder were going on a cattle drive this May. They've started to prepare for the long hours in the saddle. Denise rides English most of the time. I reminded her to do some riding in a Western saddle because it will feel so different! She thanked me for the suggestion. When I trail ride in Michigan with my husband, we ride Western. Even though I ride 2 to 3 times a week, the different saddle made my knees sore. I usually ride English, too.
I wish Denise the best time! It would be fun to do something like that!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Tuesday could be iffy with possible bad weather forcasted, will hope for the best for you, have a good ride.

dave