Saturday, May 5, 2007

wonderful ride, bug check

What a great day for a ride. I could hardly wait to get out of work so I could head out to the barn and spend time with Rusty.

He was an exceptionally good boy today. We worked on getting him to drive from behind at the trot. Then we worked on flexing his neck at the canter. When he canters stiff-necked, he gets too heavy on the forehand and barrels along like a freight train. This is not a comfortable canter to ride, believe me. When I bend his nose just slightly to the inside and then to the outside, it forces him to balance himself and his canter is wonderful.

I'm trying out a new product to help repel those awful flies. It's called Bug Check. It's a feed-through system that makes the horse "taste bad" to flies, mosquitoes, deer flies, horse flies, and other pests. It also helps prevent flies from laying eggs in the manure of treated horses. Bug Check says I'll see improvement in two weeks or my money back. I'll let you know in a couple of weeks how we're doing. I think you agree with me that flies and other bugs are a real nuisance. They're the main thing I don't like about warmer weather. If this Bug Check does the trick, it'll mean relief from flies all summer for Rusty.

Hope all of you are having a great spring with your horses. Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. What a blessing.

2 comments:

Davnkaty said...

Sounds like a good product. Good luck with it, maybe they'll make a version for us humans as well.
Be blessed

Reneej said...

How is the bug product going?