Saturday, October 6, 2007

More Thoughts on Waiting

Today I was impressed with another thought about what it means to Wait on the Lord.

Rusty and I work on an exercise where we trot a figure-8 pattern. When his balance is right, I cue him to canter and we canter a larger circle and then come back to the trot and do it again. Once we've done this a couple of times, Rusty says "I know this!" and starts to anticipate my canter cue. It's like he's saying "We canter now, right? Right?" When he does this, I bring him back to the trot and we continue the figure-8. Each time he gets ahead of me I need to check him. Once he is listening to me, then I can cue the canter and we get a balanced, beautiful canter!

I can so easily get this way with God. I say, "This is it, right, God? Right?" Then He pulls back on the reins and says "Not yet." Just as Rusty must learn to wait for my cue, so I must learn to wait for God's OK. As I've said before, this involves a lot of trust. God has shown me over and over again that I can trust Him. What I think is right may not be His will for me. BUT I can trust and know that His will for me is the best thing I could ever have!

I keep my hand in His and He keeps His Hand in mine and we get there together.

I want to thank Janet R. for her insights that led to this post. You are a blessing and an encouragement to me! P.

No comments: