Thursday, September 20, 2007

Waiting. . .

Doug and I are in the process of getting our house ready for sale so we can purchase property where I can keep horses. I've always wanted a home where I can keep my horses on my own place. We've seen some beautiful homes. Waiting is the hard part.

The Bible has a lot to say about waiting. Psalm 14:17 tells us to wait on the Lord and He will strengthen our hearts. Daniel 6 tells of a long night in a lion's den as Daniel waited on God. I choose to trust Him and wait for His answer. I must remember that waiting is GOOD for me because it reminds me I'm not in charge. God is. No one was ever disappointed while waiting and trusting in God. Why, Abraham waited decades for the promise of Isaac's birth to happen! And it did happen, just as God said it would.

God is never late. So I'll wait.

1 comment:

Davnkaty said...

Hi Pam, waiting is always the hardest thing to do. But sometimes (most of the time) it is best to wait for Gods timing o everything. Patience always pays off. Maybe God has a nice lesson for you to learn, or He may be stretching your faith.