Thursday, January 29, 2009

HIP HIP HOORAY!

Why am I cheering?? I actually got to RIDE today!

I checked back and I saw that the last day I got to ride was Jan. 6! 23 days ago!! Talk about equine-withdrawal! Most of those days, I saw my horse after I did the stalls, but last week I had pulled my back out and so didn't go to the barn at all. I'm not the only one, either. Several of the ladies I ride with have expressed similar feelings about being away from their horses.

Today, however, I not only saw my horse but I brushed him, tacked him up and rode! Wonderful!

You know what was so sweet? When I went out to get Rusty, he saw me at the gate and came to me! He missed me, too! Awww.

This has been one tough winter for horseback riding! If it's not too cold, then we have a snowstorm that makes driving out to the barn dangerous. Anyone for Springtime?? I am!!

No comments: