Sunday, August 31, 2008

Rusty Reunion!

I rode Rusty today for the first time since a week ago Thursday! He was awesome! I tried to apply some of the techniques I learned with Clyde. I rode Rusty with lighter contact on the bit and he seemed to appreciate that. Just a touch got him to stop when I asked him to. He didn't ignore the bit like he had done once before. I find that if I'm not "hanging on his mouth" he responds better. The cues are clearer for him. He appeared to have missed me while I was gone. I sure missed him!

New things at the Barn: Gary installed a new wash rack so the hose goes over the horse's back. He put in cross ties so we can secure our horses better while bathing them. Rusty and I tried out the new wash rack today after our ride. It was so easy to use! Thanks, Gary!

Marie took Stilts to a dressage show this morning. I'm looking forward to hearing how they did! He's such a beautiful mover! Good luck, Marie!

2 comments:

Stacia said...

I love the pics of you and Clyde. Did you know they are on Sara's webpage? Thanks for sharing your trip!

Pam Fox said...

I looked yesterday and the pics weren't there yet. I'm glad they're on there now. I'll check it out!