Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Soccer Ball Fun!

Today I rode with some of the girls who were going to have a horseback soccer game. I wasn't sure how Rusty would like the ball. It turns out he was not happy about the big multi-colored ball at all! This ball is about 2 1/2 feet in diameter! Rusty saw it blowing around and was on instant alert. With someone holding the ball so it wouldn't roll, I got off Rusty and led him over to the ball. He went just a few steps at a time, his neck arched and his nostrils blowing! I put a treat on the ball and he finally ate the treat but it took some time for him to do so. I got him to follow the ball but he didn't like it when the ball came toward him!

I called it quits with the soccer ball after I got Rusty to follow it around. The girls had their game but Rusty wasn't ready for that yet. I think a little more time getting Rusty used to the ball is in order.

We had a wonderful ride and it was hot today so I hosed Rusty off afterwards and took him out to graze. He really likes that!

No comments: