Friday, July 4, 2008

Happy 4th of July!


Happy 4th of July! Today I'm going to get up on my soapbox and wave the Flag for a while. I'm so grateful to live in the country that (with all its faults) is still the Greatest Country on Earth! We enjoy many wonderful freedoms and privileges in the U.S. that we can be guilty of taking them for granted. I'd really hate to see us become a nation of complainers! We complain about high gas prices and high prices in general. We complain about our government (but statistically few people vote).

God had a very strong way of dealing with complainers. He let them wander in the wilderness for 40 years until the whole generation of complainers died out! OUCH!

I've found the best cure for complaining is to count my blessings. One can't possibly keep a complaining spirit when he or she starts to list all the good things God has done for him or her! I'm thankful that I can worship God safely without the secret police barging in and carting me off to jail. I'm thankful for freedom of speech. I'm thankful for a wonderful home and family (including my beautiful horse and weird cats). I'm thankful for good health and that I woke up this morning!

I'm thankful for our brave troops no matter where they are serving. My prayer is that God will bless and protect them and bring them all home soon.

So God Bless America! One Nation Under God! While you are enjoying the picnics and the fireworks with family and friends, count your blessings!

I got my waving flag clip art from FoundingFathers.info.

No comments: