Sunday, November 15, 2009

I'm Back Lots of News

Sorry, Sorry, Sorry! It's been far too long and there is really no excuse. Too busy to blog just doesn't cut it.

So, I'm back. Lots of things happening. I've been busy at work and also at the stables. Rusty is well and feeling great. We had a terrific ride today. We rode part of the time outside but it did get a little too cold, so we went indoors. Lots of people riding today!

My dear friend Dave M. and his children, Marcus and Brandie, came out today to see Rusty. I wish it could have been warmer but we still had a fun afternoon. When I get copies of the pics they took, I'll post them. There's a really funny picture Marcus took of me with his Nintendo Dsi. The Dsi takes pictures now and hooks to the Internet. Cool! Anyway, in this pic I'm done up to look like Mario! It's cute!

So far, the weather has been nicer for November than the entire month of October! I have been on 3 trail rides this past summer and fall. I'm hoping to get in one more before the snow flies. Pam B. wanted to ride yesterday. I would have LOVED to have gone but it was my Sat. to work. Rats! It was a beautiful day for a trail ride.

Found a new place to trail ride. Hampshire doesn't charge a fee to ride and they have wonderful wide grassy trails. Very little mud or rocks! Denise H. and I went there a few weeks ago and had a wonderful ride. I'd like to go back there again. There is a stretch of trail that goes along a rather busy road. Rusty spooked a bit when a couple of semi's passed us, but he was good. I'd not ridden him near traffic before.

Bought Rusty a new blanket for the winter. It'll only be used when it's really cold and wet outside or if Marie sees he needs it. So far, he's been really good with it. His last blanket got ripped to shreds beyond the point of repair. Rusty is getting a nice coat of winter hair, so he should be fine except in freezing rainy conditions.

Well, it's fun to be back. I'll keep this more updated and will post some pictures when I can. Thanks to all my loyal readers -- the one of you Ha Ha -- for your patience.

No comments: