Thursday, February 14, 2008

Is it Spring yet??

This winter has been one for the books! It's either too cold to ride or there is so much snow the roads are difficult. ARGGGGH!! I can't wait for Spring!

I finally got to ride Rusty today for the first time in over a week! Oh, sweet sanity has returned! I tell you, I was going through withdrawal -- DT's and everything! Such a wonderful joy to ride again. I really needed my time with Rusty.

Rusty was excellent today. Good balanced canter in both directions. One time he started out heavy on the forehand at the canter, but I sat back, buttressed the outside rein and loosened the inside rein and he shifted back to his hindquarters for a balanced canter that was smooth to ride!

Happy Valentine's Day to everyone! Give your valentine (and your horse, of course) a big smooch!

1 comment:

Davnkaty said...

What a winter we have head. I too am looking forward to spring.
Happy valentines day to you are Doug as well from Katy and I.
:-)%%%